No Problems, Just Solutions
If this is how you operate, you could be the person we are looking for.
Land Surveys is a premier national surveying company with offices in Perth, Karratha, Darwin, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney. Land Surveys provides full surveying services specialising in resources, infrastructure, commercial construction, land development, 3D mapping and modelling.
IntelliSpatial is the geospatial arm of the business, launched in 2020 as an extension of the foundational Land Surveys business.
We are looking for somebody to join us in a Full Time, Accounts Payable Officer position to join our diverse team of finance professionals serving both business units above.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Finance manager and working closely with the Finance team, Senior Management Team and Operational Managers, this role is essential to the finance function. This role will be responsible for the accounts payable function for Land Surveys and IntelliSpatial. You will ensure all liabilities to suppliers are recorded in an accurate and timely manner and suppliers are paid in accordance with trading terms and cash flow requirements
This is a diverse role in a face paced environment, where the successful candidate must have the ability to do the following tasks:
- End to end Accounts payable for multiple Entities using an ERP system (NetSuite),
- Review and match Purchase orders
- Investigating discrepancies
- Manage supplier onboarding process and account maintenance
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Manage Weel and credit card reconciliations
- Payment allocation for travel, toll, fuel and mobile service providers
- Ensure invoices are accurately costed to projects and departments in line with budget
- Maintain the accounts payable inbox responding to invoice submissions and queries from Suppliers
- Prepare reports for weekly payment review
- Ensure weekly and monthly payment runs are processed on time
- Assistance with half-year and end of financial year activities
- Assist with month end closing and additional ancillary tasks as required
Why should you apply for the role?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a capable Accounts Payable Officer looking to take the next step in their career and step into a diverse and exciting role with great exposure to both transactional and analytical tasks.
Working in an established, pro-active and hardworking team of Finance Professionals, within a company that genuinely values their people, makes this a truly enjoyable role to work in.
Apart from the great employee benefits our staff enjoy, like free travel insurance and private health insurance rebates, we can offer the successful candidate an opportunity to further develop their skills and allow their true potential to shine.
Ideally, you will possess at least 2 years’ experience working within a medium to large size business, looking to take the next step in your career, develop and increase your responsibility.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships both internal and external
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role for a medium to large organisation
- Demonstrated high attention to detail in a previous role
- NetSuite ERP experience would be desirable
- Highly motivated attitude with a strong will to succeed in the business
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of finance and accounting practices and principles
Being a valued member of the Land Surveys and IntelliSpatial team means you will be rewarded with a friendly, down-to-earth working environment, competitive remuneration and additional employee benefits. You will be working within a high performing team and you will receive an extensive onboarding process to get you on the right foot. Continued training and support will be provided to give you every opportunity to self-develop in view of taking a step in your career.
Please note, the successful candidate will need to have an unrestricted right to work in Australia as we are not providing sponsorship for this position.